Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Concept 1-A

I just had a bad moment. Yesterday, I wrote about the search for the concept. This morning, I read this in The Oregonian.

"Ever since the Trail Blazers reconveded from the All-Star brak last month, coach Nate McMillan has been trying to sell his players on the team concept. with Canby and Roy returning from injury and with the addition of Wallace, McMillan knew minutes and roles could become an issue in the locker room. If the players thought about the team and winning, the coach argued, it
shouldn't matter who was playing or for how many minutes."

Or, in other words, it's not about you.

Oh no! Is that the idea I've been struggling to give a name to? Say it ain't so! "Team spirit?" Does it really make any sense to call God and Israel "a team?" Or my PSU students and I "a team?" Bette and me, possibly, but it seems to catch only a few pieces of what feels, as I live it, a much more subtle arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment