Friday, March 4, 2011

This Means Something

Tomorrow, I am going to write a post about an idea I nearly have. Almost. I'm so close to it, but I don't know what to call it and, of course, if you don't know what to call it, you don't really know what it is. Today, I was talking with my brother, Mark, and I remembered that wonderful line from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.



Richard Dreyfus plays a blue collar worker who has had a vision implanted in his brain. It's pretty distressing. He keeps seeing this same shape and he doesn't know what it means. In this picture, he sees the image in the enormous pile of mashed potatoes he serves himself while his wife and kids watch incredulously. He says, "This means something. This is important."
And that's the way I'm feeling about this idea. I hope it really does mean something. And I wouldn't be too unhappy, either, if it turned out to be important.

Thanks for the picture, Mark. Tomorrow I'm going to start banging the drum again and we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need some brain fiber. Try thinking of a bran muffin and see if that helps. ;-)

    -Doug

    ReplyDelete